Hi, I’m Seth Werkheiser.
Having grown up in a family of musicians, my main focus has always been helping bands sell more albums.
Yeah, that exact focus has shifted over the years (hello, streaming), but since I started Buzzgrinder in 2001, Noise Creep for AOL Music in 2009, and Skull Toaster in 2011, my drive remains intact. For anyone who says “there’s no good music these days,” I say they’re not paying attention.
- I use Seth W. because that was my name in grade school since there was another Seth in my grade (he was Seth R.)
- I started a music blog called Buzzgrinder in 2001 that was approached for acquisition back in 2008 and I’m glad I said “no thanks.” The site is done and gone now, but Wayback Machine captured lots of the content from those days.
- After Buzzgrinder I started Noise Creep for AOL Music.
- In 2010 I got rid of all my stuff and hit the road with my bike and my laptop and became The Bike Nerd.
- After a few months on the road working remotely and running Noise Creep, I quit AOL Music in early 2011.
- Started a weekly email called the Conduit, which lasted for a few months.
- I noticed a lot of people staring at their phones. So I figured rather than trying to drive people to a site from Twitter, why not put the “good stuff” right there on Twitter? With that, Skull Toaster was born in October 2011.
- Picked up many freelance gigs over the years, doing social media for Cred.fm, marketing/back-end admin / CPC management / copywriting for Solid MFG, email marketing for Artists & Fleas, website updates for Adrenaline PR, reporting and website admin for Atom Splitter PR, and tons more (see it all on LinkedIn).
- Started running on July 8th, 2016, and haven’t stopped. Follow me on Strava.