Everything is a loop, it seems. We keep making the same mistakes, the same choices, the same levels of misery. Happy Sunday!
- “I just cannot accept that my dad’s life or anyone else’s is a fair price to pay for our “back to normal,” @Amber_Coffman
- “9/11 hits different riding up on 700k deaths no one cares about,” @Mollyissilly
- “Now when I feel overwhelmed by work I take 2 deep breaths and say, “this is what you dreamed of. That’s what this work is for. And if this specific job isn’t it, we won’t say yes to this again,” @aundrelarrow
- “The next big recruiting platform in tech is the 32 hour work week,” @gabe_g2i
- “*wakes up, puts on old school metal tee* man I love this band. wonder if their singer thinks the Moderna vaccine is a plot to inject microcomputers into the bloodstream,” @mountain_goats
- “The label I work at had ITS BUSIEST YEAR EVER in 2020 and that momentum has carried,” @turnbullet666
- “If you’re an artist, you will be an artist no matter what. I don’t think you have a choice,” Jasamine White-Gluz via @HandDrawnDrac
- “When you focus on building your own shit, all the doors that were once closed start opening organically,” @Breezyb215
- “You’d be surprised how many people are willing to pay $10 for an album when given the opportunity,” @BigSto
I moved Metal Bandcamp Gift Club back to it’s old school, Yahoo style layout. If you have a birthday and love giving gifts (and sometimes getting gifts), you should check it out.
I stopped using Whoop after just five months. There was nothing wrong with it, but my head needs less numbers and things to feel guilty about these days.
May your week be filled with good food, and cool evenings on porches.