I was tagged for this on Facebook, but rather than give my work to a 3rd party who will sell ads against while I get nothing in return, I am putting my list here where it shall remain so long as I pay my hosting bill. Facebook, on the other hand, well…
- Helmet, Meantime – sharp and tight, started my love affair with John Stanier
- Primus, Pork Soda – started playing bass in high school, so of course loved this dark album
- Soundgarden, ‘Badmotorfinger’ – singing along to this in the car since the 90s. RIP Chris Cornell
- White Zombie, ‘La Sexorcisto – Devil Music Vol. 1’ – so groovy and dark and spooky
- Metallica, And Justice For All – my first real introduction to METAL
- Zao, ‘Where Blood and Fire Give Rest’ – first “underground” release that rattled my world
- Jimmy Eat World, Clarity – so tender and sweet, I will always love this album
- Mastodon, ‘Once More ‘Round the Sun’ – a recent pick, but hit at an important time in my life
- Alice in Chains, ‘Dirt’ – Another mid-90s grunge pick, but I absolutely loved this. RIP Layne Staley.
- Nirvana, ‘Nevermind’ – Changed music forever for me. Taught me that you don’t have to be slick and flashy to have an impact. RIP Kurt Cobain.
EDIT April 11th, 2018 – HOW did I forget Guns N Roses’ ‘Appetite for Destruction?’ It’s the album that got me to pick up the guitar, THEN the bass (because I stunk on guitar). It’s the album I listened to over and over again, to this DAY.